What is the best "affordable" home insurance company?

I'm seeking for home insurance but I don't know of any and I wanted to know if you lovely ladies could help me.

mrsfarris

Asked by mrsfarris at 1:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Home & Garden

• If you have one, try for Farm Bureau Insurance. We priced everyone (State Farm, Allstate, etc) and our local Farm Bureau Insurance office gave us the best bang for our buck. MUCH better coverage than anyone else and, even better, they have NO problem paying out. We have had State Farm and AllState before and neither of them wanted to pay out when we had things happen (i.e. fallen tree or a pipe breaking). It was such a hassle! We've had no problems with the Farm Bureau and, even better, you don't have to have a farm. LOL Sometimes the smaller companies are SO much better than the large companies.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 4:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• ALLSTATE!!! :) But since I sell Allstate, I'm kinda partial to them. :) Good luck. Also - in my area (Kansas) American Family does a great job as well. But I still love Allstate. ;)
    lrobles1983

Answer by lrobles1983 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• The best offer we had was St. John's Insurance... But I live in FL so the options aren't exactly plentiful :)
    MommytoGRP

Answer by MommytoGRP at 5:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i have allstate also. but we get major discounts since hubby has been with them for 20 plus years. shop around is the best advice anyone can give you.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Allstate, like any ins. company, has restrictions and exclusions. Check with your agent to see what your policy excludes.

Allstate is number one in most money that has been paid out on claims. We paid billions during Katrina....
    lrobles1983

Answer by lrobles1983 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2008