Do I make him switch costumes?

Right now I'm questioning the outfit that my 4 year old picked to wear weeks ago. It's a tiger costume. Now this doesn't sound bad for some people but I live in Zanesville and we go trick or treating in the area where all the tigers, lions and bears were killed. He's currently in a phase where he loves tigers but I don't want to have anyone make horrible comments to him when we go to their door.

Is it wrong to let him wear it or do we brush it off knowing what some people will say to us?

baconbits

Asked by baconbits at 4:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I doubt that anyone will be upset by a childs costume,, the worse that I could imagine someone saying is "i thought they caught you", or "Still on the loose?" Let him be what he wants to be!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2011

• Let him wear it. He's a child and loves Tigers! That's a great thing for a town that didn't respect the animals.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2011

• Who the heck will say something untoward to a 4-year-old?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2011

• I would let him wear it...who would say something mean to a 4 year old that just loves tigers?
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 4:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2011

• I doubt anyone would say anything. I absolutely love tigers too and I had followed the news of those animals killed but I definitely wouldn't think you were being insensitive about it. Most likely people are going to think 'tigger' anyway. Now... if DH dressed as a cop with a gun and pretended to shoot at him, then yes, I would think that  would be a bit distasteful.

Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 5:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2011

• I would let him where it. I'm sure no one will even say anything to him. Maybe if he was 15, but 4? No.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 4:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2011

• No. And if someone says something, stand up for him.
    newmommy87

Answer by newmommy87 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2011

• No

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2011

• Just let him wear it..I sure it will be fine.
    LATINAICE

Answer by LATINAICE at 4:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2011

• Let him be a tiger.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2011