I'm nursing my 14m. old baby and my nipples are sore was never before except at birth. is there anything to be worried about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could be thrush or a yeast infection (google those and see if you're having other symptoms that match). It can also be a sign of pregnancy.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i agree with the first answer
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm not sure if sore nipples would be a yeast inf, but I'm still nurrsing my 18mo old part time and I've noticed that when my supply is decreasing from her nursing less, my nipples hurt more, expecially when she tries to nurse more and I don't have enough milk to give, mine have been dryer here lately when she ewants to nurse more but I'm making less, if that makes sense
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 2:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Maybe they're getting a lazy latch. Try a new position and readjust the latch until you're comfortable.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You could be ovulating or pregnant
    milkmaid1024

Answer by milkmaid1024 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2009