• In the Spotlight:

How can i keep my 3 boys from constantly fighting about silly things ?

They are 6,7,10 and they are always at each other and driving me crazy !!

They are constantly arguing and I just know I will have to get some boxing gloves here pretty soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• my son has some gloves for you to borrow. JK. I have three brothers they are now 18,16, and 12. My mom just found things that they could either all do together like sports, movies or something like that or things that they could do in totally different rooms. They prolly need there own space. She also had 3 of like everything so they couldnt fight(I mean small things). They also like to play video games together. Good luck!
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm watching this question! My boys are 4, 3 and 2 (4 year old will be 5 in February).

I'm already planning on the boxing gloves and letting them duke it out. They'll have to repair any damage to the house, though....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• HA Good luck. I have 3 boys & 2 girls. The boys are 9, 15, and 16. My 15 & 16 yr old have actually come to blows and gave each other black eyes. They always pick on my 9 yr old who btw gives as good as he gets. I dont know how to make them stop fighting, or if they ever do since my dd's fiance one of SEVEN (mostly all boys) and his older brother set his jacket on fire after he set his pants on fire (neither were wearing them btw) because someone did something to the other. I think its a brother thing.

Answer by gemgem at 2:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• it's not just boys, i have two of each and they're ALL fighting constantly
    try making them sit and hold hands untill they can stop fighting, or hug each other untill they stop, trust me with punishments like these the fighting will at least move out of your hearing range very quickly (they wont stop but if you dont hear them, they won't drive you as crazy!)
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 3:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I don't think you can stop them.Maybe boxing gloves would not be a bad idea.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You can't really stop them, I have 4 boys and 3 girls and at about your kids age's they were the same way (mine are 17-2) one thing I learned is to try to stay out of it if you can, sometimes that helps to egg it on, especially since all sides are always right :).
    They do outgrow it to an extent, my older 4 are just as roudy as the younger ones, but where when they were younger it was about dominance know it is just good clean fun. My younger three have just entered this stange, so I expect the other half of my head to go grey!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009