approximately how much do braces cost?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Health

• I think last time I looked it was around $4000.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• when i had braces 8 years ago my parents paid 2,000 for them im sure they have gone up since then however.
    plus they had to pay the co pay for everytime i had to see the orthodontists which is about once every month maybe every two months depending.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• When I was younger and had braces my parents paid almost $5,000 for them. I had a very bad over bite and I had to have metal springes inserted into my mouth to correct it. It varies on how bad the teeth are, and how many appointments you or your child needs to go and be seen by the orthadontist.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My son is now 26. He had braces on at 13. It cost us about 3000 back then. He didn't have any real big issues that were extra. That is from start..with the dental photographs..to finish. Includes all co-pays. Insurance covered about 1500.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Our dd has them on now she got them in Feb. 08....hers will be on for approx. 3 yrs...costing us $5,000. We make a monthly payment....no dental insurance...so, its all out of pocket. That total icludes all maintenance, emergency appts for broken brackets, etc. What it does not include is work outside of orthodontics. ie; cleanings, filings, etc. Very costly to me today...but...so worth it for our dd. (I hope)
    Anonymous

• Our dd has them on now she got them in Feb. 08....hers will be on for approx. 3 yrs...costing us $5,000. We make a monthly payment....no dental insurance...so, its all out of pocket. That total icludes all maintenance, emergency appts for broken brackets, etc. What it does not include is work outside of orthodontics. ie; cleanings, filings, etc. Very costly to me today...but...so worth it for our dd. (I hope) btw she's 13..if that matters.

Anonymous

• The price of braces really depend on the individual, I am 31 and had my braces taken off about 1 11/2 yrs ago. I paid $5000 for mine out of pocket, my son has to have some work done and his is around $1800 so it really depends and there are companies that will finance your braces for you
    determind

Answer by determind at 3:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes, I also agree that it is worth the money, some women choose to get boobs jobs or liposuction and I got braces although I still wear a retainer behind my back teeth and a retainer on top at night, I am very thankful that I got them, so if they are for you go for it! If for your children, do it for them it could be a insecurity issue as they get older as it was for me and I lived with it for many years, never smiling and everyone always asking why I look so mean. You won't regret it!!

determind

Answer by determind at 3:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Anywhere from 4 to 6 thousand.  It depends on the specific needs of the person getting the braces.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I just got my braces off, yaaaay! I got them on when I was 31 and off at 33. The price he quoted me was almost $5000, but he gave me a discount of several hundred dollars for paying for them up front (no monthly payments). I had regular braces, Invisalign was more expensive and he said that they would take longer too. Now I just wear a retainer and it is a clear plastic one (just like Invisalign). It's funny when you get braces when you are older, you notice a whole lot of other "older" people that have them too.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009