help,my son found anold bottle of milk (6-8) and drank it

i know this sounds bad but...my son found and old bottle about6-8 hours from under his bed and drank it, he has been throwing up since than about once or twice an hour, is this due to the bottle or just unlucky timing of having a stomache bug.

combster

Asked by combster at 2:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if the bottle was only 6 or 8 hours old i wouldnt think it would make him sick however you never know. it could have upset his tummy alittle bit id just keep a close eye on him and maybe call your pedi to let them know.
    It obviously didnt taste bad yet cuz he still drank it lol. dont feel bad it happens to everyone at some point.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• sounds like it was the bottle! I would call his doctor see if there is anything you should do.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It could be either one. I would think once he got all of the old milk out of his little tummy things would settle down. If he keeps throwing up, maybe give him some pedialyte and call the doc. Keep an eye out for fever and diarhea. If he starts running a fever then I would say it is definitely a bug. Just try to keep him hydrated.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• it sounds like the bottle to me too i have dropped a bottle behind the bed and forgot about it and like three hours later i remembered and went and got it and you had tell it had gone bad. it had fallen right in front of a heating vent and it was nasty i would call the doc
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• he has no fever, chills or anyother symptoms as of now
    combster

Answer by combster at 2:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'd be surprised if milk that old would be the problem, but then the timing means that it might be. Call the doctor and ask. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 2:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I think if he kept drinking it, It couldn't have been that bad. My son will hide his milk cups under beds and behind things all the time and try to retrieve them DAYS later. If he gets the chance to take one big chug, thats usually all he does drink..... and he throws it right up
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• update -took him to the doctor, it wasn't the bottle. he has a virius and strep. thanks for everyones help.
    combster

Answer by combster at 1:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009