Rude Cashier?????

I recently went to a store where one of the cashiers who knows my kids because her youngest daugher and my son played soccer together two years ago. Her daughter tried to say that my son threw a rock and hit her daughter in the eye. Well, come to find out she lied because I had two other kids and parents tell me that at the time it supposedly happened, my son was on the field and couldn't have done it. Needless to say and I hate to even say it, I don't like her daughter. She still blames my son and it was two years ago. The problem is that everytime I go to this store and she's working and if I have my youngest daughter with me (and actually, even when I don't) she always fusses over her and refers to my other two as "BAD and MEAN". At first I laughed it off and said "Why do you always say that, they're not mean or bad". My question is, what else should I say to her because if my older two are with me, it bothers them and me.

LovingParent08

Asked by LovingParent08 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I know some are saying don't do it at her work, but that may be what makes her stop. My suggestion would be next time she does it, tell her calmly that you have heard enough of her opinion, that this is her one and only warning to stop with those comments or next time you will be going to her supervisor. If she continues, go to her supervisor and explain that you are a paying customer, and that this cashier is bringing a personal situation into the store, and that if something isn't done, you will be taking your business elsewhere. Sometimes, the idea that someone might lose their job or get in trouble over a petty situation like this(she's petty, not you) is what it takes to get them to shape up.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Tell her shes rude and report it to her supervisor. Explain the situation and tell them whatever her personal feelings on the matter it was 2 yrs ago and as a paying customer you dont come there to be insulted.

Answer by gemgem at 2:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Firmly say that they are not bad nor mean. Then change the subject. (frown) "They are neither bad nor mean. (pause) (smile) It looks like it is going to snow later on. "

Answer by Bmat at 2:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Do not do it at her job, that will just make things worse. If you have her phone number just call her and say how you feel.
    Anonymous

• Don't go in her line...problem solved
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• oh hon if i told you what to tell her i would probably be kicked off of cafemom
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I agree but I forgot to mention the fact that her daughter and my kids live literally a minute away from us and ride the same bus. I'm trying to avoid and repercussions for my children because of it.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Honestly she sounds uneducated and stupid. I would just tell her my kids are rude or mean, they are sweet, smart & strong which is better then being weak, liars & pricks.
    Anonymous

• Her job is to cashier and not to criticize your children. Your son did not throw the rock and even if he had he would have been disciplined and if nothing like that happened again then she should let it go. It was over two years ago. If you want to say something mean back, which I usually don't recommend but in her case it may be necessary to shut her up, say, "Speaking of bad children how's your little liar doing?" and say it with a sincere smile.

micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• INTRODUCE THEM TO HER TELL HER THAT THOSE ARE THEIR NAMES AND SMILE SHE SHOULD GET IT ,ALSO MENTION TO HER THAT IT UPSETS THEM BEING CALLED WHAT SHE CALLS THEM.GOOD LUCK!!!!
    summie321

Answer by summie321 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009