Is your dog friendly to all people

or does it hate strangers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pets

• Mine bark at everyone, even people who live here, but they love everyone too. Its very odd.

Answer by gemgem at 2:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• our wiener dog hates pretty much everyone but my husband lol she barks at everyone at first and then shes ok but she wont let people pet her if she doesnt know them. Shes kind of a cranky dog lol.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have a jack Russel, beagle mix dog. She is usually really friendly but some strangers do make her uncomfortable and being introduced to too many people at one time always scares her. But she does bark at everyone when they first come in and as soon as they pet her she is ok with everyone.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• We were doggysitting my Brothers Pitt Bull for about 7 months and he barked at everything but LOVED everyone. He was like a big baby!! Thinks he's a lapdog. I miss him now that my Brother has him again!!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 2:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my dog will bark at you, then lick your face and wont leave you alone.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My dogs bark when people come to the door, but all of mine are harmless. They all adore people. They love it when we have company, they beg for attention!
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 2:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Mine barks when people come to the door, but once they get to sniff the people then they go back to sleeping on the couch LOL
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 3:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My dog barks at ppl... and she's a HUGE St. Bernard. It scares a lot of the ppl who come to our door! But she's harmless. She'll bark at you even as you're petting her, but it's not a snarl, no bared teeth, and she's not mean.

I wish she wouldn't do it to ppl she KNOWS... that's just annoying... but it's nice that she barks when someone approaches the house bc it sends off a warning to me AND the intruder!!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 8:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my 1yr old golden retriever barks at EVERYONE!!! except the ppl that live in this house..my neighbors get so mad in the summer when they have complany over, or their kids are playing outside, and my dog is out there barking at the fence..and its a chainlink fence, so he can see like EVERYTHING!! drives me crazy too..i tell him to stop, but he wont..so he usually just ends up in the house..i feel bad locking him up..but..i dont wanna ruin other ppl's days..ya know??? hopefully with age he gets better!! same thing when i take my daughter to the park, he will bark at all the kids..and they get scared..but its only cuz he wants to play to..he wouldnt ever hurt anyone..he just barks to protect..which IS nice..but..annoying at the same time!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My Beagle loves everyone. The only time he howls-the typical Beagle howl-is when a dog or a person leaves him, walks away. He would be happy if every dog in the neighborhood lived with us!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009