Irregular periods after miscarage

Hello I had a miscarage on Oct 24 , then I got a period the end of Nov. on time normal. I was only six weeks pregnent when I had the miscarage so every thing was okay but now I dont have my period at all in december and I am usally regular I took a preg test and is said negative Is it normal for me to not have my period or what?
thanks

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 2:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Miscarriage can throw your body off. I didn't ovulate and get a period for 9 months after my first one. I finally had to take meds to get a period and get things back on track. If you are ready to start trying again and are anxious to get things working then call your doc and see if they will help you. Good luck and I am very sorry for your loss.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my 1st period after my m/c 10/13 was normal but my next was 2 days late and only lasted for 3 days instead of 5-6 and now this period was 2 days late, started off very very heavy, a super plus tampon just about every 2 hours but after 2 days of that it has slacked. hope that helps. sorry for your loss. I was 8wks when I m/c. We are trying to get pg again and I was hoping my lateness this time meant I was but it's a BFN
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 2:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I just had one not to long ago. And yes its normal. (sorry for your los mama) But its very normal.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 2:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had one about 2 1/2 years ago. The same thing happened to me. I would have a regular period the first time then totally miss the next then I would have another period for like 2 weeks straight. I think it just takes a while for your body to get back to normal. If your worried, check with your doctor :-)
    babaza

Answer by babaza at 2:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes, I have had 7 pregnancies. 6 were miscarriages during different stages. 3 were about 6-8 weeks along. It does mess up your cycle and the length of your cycle. If your cycle starts too heavy you can ask your dr. to perform at D&C if they haven't . It will clean everything out and help to get you back to normal again. May Allah help your body to heal. Ameen
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 6:28 AM on Jan. 10, 2009