when you where on the operating table (getting a c-section) how long are you on there for?

I am getting a c-section in 3 days and I wanna know how long where you ladies on the table?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my c section was a emergency so i cant really remember it didnt seem like i was there for long.
    My SIL just had a c section last week it was planned and she was in recovery with in a hour but they tied her tubes while they were in there so maybe it would be faster if you werent havning extra done. Im sure it varries case by case.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• About 45 minutes to 1 hour total from start to finish.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had to be put to sleep, but my husband said it took no longer than 20 minutes before they brought my son out. Then they had to close me up and stuff, but it really did not take that long. Good luck to you!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I didn't keep track. I was a little too loopy to really care. I know with each one it was longer because of the extra scar tissue. My last one was the longest. I remember thinking the sewing up part was taking forever and started to feel my lower body again. No pain but it was unnerving. Probably 1 hour on average in the OR.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I think it was a total of 40 minutes, from when they rolled me in to going to recovery. I was pretty doped up by the end of it, so it got pretty fuzzy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I agree with justanotherjen. I also started feeling my lower body. They gave me something that made me loopy so I wouldn't feel the pain. The sewing up part took FOREVER even in a loopy state!
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• im having my c section the same day!
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• About 30 minutes to 45. The babies are out in less than 15. Most of the time is spent stitching you back up. Recovery takes another hour or so. Then you can see your baby and visitors
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I dont remember, It was an emergency and I asked Hubby, He said not long, maybe 30 min. By the time he got in there from changing into scrubbs, I was already open and they were pulling her out. I have to ask him the questions, I dont remember so much of it.
    Newcreature584

Answer by Newcreature584 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Not that long I was in at 11:45 and my DS was born at 12:33...
    RaulitosMommy

Answer by RaulitosMommy at 6:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009