• In the Spotlight:

Is your dog friendly to everyone part 2

the reason I ask is cause my dog hates all strangers her main purpose is to be a guard dog...well some of the people that walk around here or live near by freak the hell out when she barks and growls at them?! Hello! You are a stranger she hates you, move on. Anyway they stand there and say all kind of stupid stuff like dang that dog is nuts...this is strange to me...doesn't it sound strange to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pets

• Yes, I am very happy that my dog is like that. He is doing exactly what he should be, protecting me. It's great that your neighbors are freaked about about the dog... maybe they will think twice about bothering you or your property!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• no people are naturally that way a barking growling big dog scares many and they will comment on it plus with all the dog attacks that happen now days people are even more scared. just ignore it and move on.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• ah yes, I didn't think of it that way. Its still kinda dumb to me that they are surprised a strange dog doesn't automatically like them...I mean, isn't it common knowledge dogs instinctively bark?

Anonymous

• My dog is overly friendly and would probably just wag her tail and give a burglar kisses if someone ever broke into our house, but I got her for my ds so that's good. Dogs all have different personalities and if that's what you're looking for in a dog then it's good. The only thing that bothers me is a dog that barks all the time or for no reason at all. The dog across the street from us will bark if a leaf blows by and they leave him outside all the time.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 2:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My dog barks at everyone then runs to them wagging his tail*shaking head* lol
    But if your dog is there to be a gaurd dog then she is doing her job and a good one at that. Ya i think its strange that they freak out and stand there and say stuff...shut your mouth and move on and she will settle down shes freakin out cause you are in HER area...Dumb people
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 2:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i get a good laugh at the stupid people that walk by my house...my dog will not potty on a leash..but every one of my neighbors knows her name...and knows she will not hurt them..so they go about there business when shes outside...it's the mail lady(who walks past my house everyday) and the strangers(runners) cracks me up....or some stupid people on bikes...they see this dog charging at them..they'll stop and yell at her and then take off running!!! r u effing stupid! and they yell as she's chasing them!! she thinks they are playing..as for the mail lady..she maced(sp) my dog! sad part is my dog is stupid and still barks at her ever day!
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• wow! the mail lady maced your dog?! That's crazy, what happened with that was your dog going to attack her or was the mail lady overreacting?
    Anonymous

• There are 5 people my dog does not bark at: me, my 2 kids, and my parents. Oh, and the friend of the family that gave him to us, so 6. He barks at everyone else, and if you reach over the fence, he will try to bite you, so forget climbing over it. I've had one person say something, and he was standing IN my yard (dog is fenced in backyard) when he complained that my dog was barking and growling at him. I told him perhaps if he got out of the dog's territory she'd stop feeling the need to protect it. He got very offended, and started to yell at me until my dog put his front paws on the fence and really started growling. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Our dogs will bark their heads off, but if anyone they don't know comes near them they'll run away. lol
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 4:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my dog doesn't bark, unless in play, and she is overly friendly. doesn't bother me, we don't need a guard dog... but because she's a pit more people are automatically afraid of her which is funny.

I don't understand why people stand there as a dog is barking and making comments. The dog is obviously barking at YOU dummy.. lol
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009