• In the Spotlight:

How many of you walk behind your kids and keep picking everything up??

and how many of you wait and wait and wait until you HAVE to pick things up?? my mom kept up after me and my siblings my whole life..but it just wares me out!! i hate my house to be messy but ever since my daughter learned how to move i just let her keep everything where she wants it!! any suggestions on how to keep your house looking nice without walking behind my daughter 24/7??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i am cleaning and straightening all day long right now my living room looks like a small category one tornado went through it (my daughter) i am waiting for my other two to get home to keep her occupied so i can straighten up
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I let them do what they are gonna do during the day and then pick up and vacume at night having 3 kids and being very very pregnant I cannot pickup all day long its never ending!! so I just let them do thier thing and then take care if it before supper!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I keep at it all day within reason , with 7 kids I have to .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I clean up when I wake, then naptime, then when my son goes to bed. My son is also 2 so I make him clean up his toys and if he makes a mess we clean it up together.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• What my mom did to us and it worked....was she got this basket and kept it in the living room, anyting we left behind she would throw in there.....it got irritating to dig through it
    Anonymous

• When there gets to be too much stuff out, I will tell them to pick up certain items. If they claim that they are still playing with it, I make them pick up something else. And if anything is left out at the end of the night, it gets put in my closet out of their reach until I remember to give it back.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Depending on your daughter's age I would actually try to start getting her involved in clean-up time. I have 2 boys - 4 & 1 1/2 - and expecting another. My boys are really good about helping clean-up but I have to remind them of course. We have a little "race" to see who gets the most picked up & my older son is into "imaginary trophies" so I present one to him if he "wins"!! I have days where I am consantly picking up stuff & then there are days where I let it all go till the end of the day. But definitely try to get your daughter involved since she's young because later on you might regret it!
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 6:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I clean every morning as part of my routine. Let them mess it up all day long, the next morning I get them set up with breakfast and I clean.

I also try to straighten during nap time. Nothing real heavy, but just to clear out for round 2...lol
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 8:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I clean several times a day. Usually at naptime, right before Dh wakes up (he sleeps all day, he works 3rd) and then before bed.
    WvPhotobug

Answer by WvPhotobug at 11:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I used to do that but my kids are older now so when they are done with something they have to put it away before doing something else.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2009