What would your thoughts be if...

...you walked into a home and the people had no television?

My husband and I don't particularly care what others think, but we recently got rid of our television completely and it seems to have gotten us some rude unsolicited comments from the parents of our son's friends. We also get some really strange looks. So I was wondering what you would think or say if you went into someone's house and they had absolutely no television. Be truthful :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I live in Iowa, so a lot of the population around here don't have tvs, but it is for religious reasons. I would assume you were that religion if I saw it. That is my honest opinion.
    hopingfor5

Answer by hopingfor5 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I wouldnt think anything of it. I probably wouldnt even notice. Dont worry about what anyone else says.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Most of my friends don't have TV's, if they do they only use them to play DVD's. They don't have kids, though. I don't think it's weird at all, in fact, I think a lot of parents wish they didn't let their kids watch so much TV.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I wouldn't care and I don't understand why anyone else would. It's not their house so why would it bother them that you don't have a TV? What you have or don't have is your business and others shouldn't judge just because you don't have a TV.
    jaysmommy08

Answer by jaysmommy08 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• It is your house, so you do what you feel is best.I wouldn't be rude about it.I may ask why, but no in a mean way.I wish I could throw our tv's out the window.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 2:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I wouldn't think anything of it. Mainly because my own sons got a load of crap from friends. The entire time they grew up we had one TV, no remote. We all had to agree on what to watch and Mom and Dad had final veto. My kids watched nothing I didn't approve of. INot in our home anyway.
    P> S. LOL my youngest son is pissy now because we put a TV in our bedroom.LOLOL
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I can't believe you've gotten such responses! I'd honestly say that's awesome!! More power to ya! I wish my husband would let me get rid of the thing, we tend to be couch potatoes and I hate that!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I would think very highly of you to be able to entertain your child(ren) all day without plopping them down in front of a t.v. show :) I let my son watch t.v., but not much and only certain shows. I dont know if I could get rid of it all together...

But you wanted truthful, so as soon as I got back into my car, I'd probably say, "What's up with them having no t.v.!!"

gabrielsmom619

Answer by gabrielsmom619 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i'd probably make some unconciously rude comment whiel secretly envying you and the relationship you must have. imagie having to talk to your husband. esssh. dang it. there i go again.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I probably wouldn't notice or just think you don't want one in the main room but could have one in the bedroom or something like that. People are weird sometimes.
    jeni2671

Answer by jeni2671 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 17, 2008