need creative tips on feeding baby food....

I need to try and find some tricks on how to get Aubree to eat baby food, everything that I try is not working and she just cant wait on me to eat cause i don't eat during the day and by time dinner comes she is already asleep. I know its time to give her more than just formula but i don't know what else to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is she? It's not really that uncommon to delay solids with children as long as up to their first birthday. Any solids before then are more "practice" than nutrition. The only needs that increase, around 6 months, is for iron intake but most babies are still fine on that front until 12 months old.

And remember, if you feed your child baby food and they spit it out or let it dribble - this is called "Tongue Thrusting" and is a sign that they are NOT ready for solids...so discontinue :)
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 2:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I had a similar problem... Briefly... Now my son eats everything in site LOL... Anyways my dr. recommended putting just a little bit of Karo syrup in the food/cereal to sweeten it b/c one of the main ingredients in formula is corn syrup which make it very sweet. We did this for about 4 days and then my son was more willing to eat the food by itself. The dr. also said that if the syrup didn't work to try stage 2 foods b/c some babies want a thicker texture to thier foods.. GOOD LUCK!
    MommytoGRP

Answer by MommytoGRP at 4:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2008