TTC for 1+ years?

We've been TTC for a year now and I'm getting really frustrated! Does anyone who has/had been TTC for a long time have any encouraging stories? We have a 3 year old son and it only took us 3 months to get pregnant with him, so I don't know what's going on this time. We started talking about getting some professional help, but I really want this to happen naturally...any thoughts?

Erin418

Asked by Erin418 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• yeah it took us 2 years and we just kept trying idk :(
    Anonymous

• Have you tried charting? If not, you should definitely check out www.fertilityfriend.com. It can get to be a pain in the butt to wake up and take your temperature the same time every day, but it is all natural and it works!
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 3:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Thanks, I am going to start charting my BBT. I've tried the "ovulation calculators" like WebMd offers to find my most fertile days...not working. And I tried OPK's for a few months but I could never tell if I had a definite surge, it always looked like it could go either way. So who knows. Maybe tracking my temp will be a better indicator! :)
    Erin418

Answer by Erin418 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It took us 3 years to finally have a fullterm pregnnacy. It does get discouraging. If you can handle trying longer without help then keep going, but if it gets too frustrating, that is why we have doctors. I did end up taking Clomid and that helped me. I had really irregular cycles. I also temped and charted on fertilityfriend.com and pinpointing ovulation really helped. I hope you are able to get pregnant without any help and soon, but if it doesn't happen, there is nothing wrong with getting a little help when needed. Good luck.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• so far we have been ttc for 3 yrs 9 months and 6 days. My gyn is trying birth control for a few months to see if it helps any.
    Anonymous