Potty training backstep

my 2 yr old potty trained herself around Thanksgiving and was doing well until the holidays when we were away. After the holidays and we were back home, she was fine again. But she started school today and peed on herself. What does this mean? How long does it take until they are TRUELY potty trained. I thought it only took a few wks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• maybe she was nervous to go around other kids. my little bros always hated to stop what they were doing to go to the restroom. My parents just explained to them that they needed to go and that all the other kids were going and as soon as they were done they could wash their hands and go back and play and everyone would still be there.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I think this is common. It may just be a small set back due to starting school. Each child is different when it comes to potty training. My DD was not fully potty trained until 3. We did have a couple set backs one being caused by a new sibling. It may not be a set back at all maybe she just got busy and did not realize that she had to go. My DD was classic for that. To busy to take time out for a bathroom break.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 2:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• She is a busy body,that's for sure! I was worried that something might be wrong.
    Anonymous

• Accidents are common clear through the early grade school years. Just treat it as an accident and go on. It will happen again.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009