Would you homeschool your children?

My 4 children all go to the same school well my son who is in 1st grade gets bullied at school and on the school bus. He has been threaten with weapons and the school and the school board refuse to do anything about it. I am thinking about Homeschooling all of my children. What would you do?

MY4SWEETANGELS

Asked by MY4SWEETANGELS at 2:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i would get a lawyer and maybe switch schools, i personally would not homeschool cause i don't have the paitence for it, if you have the apitence for it then yeah in that situation go for it (or any other situation if thats what you want!)
    but first and foremost, it is the schools job to make sure the children have a safe enviroment to learn in, if they are failing to provide one, you should get l lawyer before any other decisions are made, after that make the decision you feel is best for your children
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 3:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• if you are educated yourself...and have the knowlege and degree to do it...why not.....maybe later they can go back to regular schools and try again....
    Anonymous

• you could try switching schools
    kaitsmom06

Answer by kaitsmom06 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I've been thinking about switching to homeschooling for the same reason. My oldest is in kindergarten and has been called a Spick, Wetback, Wetto (sp?) and my middle child started pre-k and has come home telling me she wants to be "good and white like Mommy." All this is happening even with the school districts No Bullying policy.
    So it's either homeschool or private school.
    Look into your school distric and /or State Education Dept.... they sometimes have online classes or charter classes. They do here in PA, but it's for high school only. Were now looking into 3 different private schools and several different homeschool programs.
    Good luck! I hope it gets better for your little one!!!
    3earthangels

Answer by 3earthangels at 6:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• YES!!! Please consider homeschooling your children. There are so many reasons why that is such a great option. Even without your current problems! Google, "reasons to home school". Email some of the mothers on here, like myself that already are homeschooling. Find out why homeschooling parents are so passionate about their choice! Homeschooling is honestly, one of my favorite things about being a parent. It is so fun! It doesn't have to take up much of your day either. Feel free to email me if you would like to chat.

Butterflybabies

Answer by Butterflybabies at 7:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have three kids and homeschool the oldest 2 right now (youngest is only 2).

I love homeschooling! It does not harm the children and does not mean they'll be unsocialized. You'll get all kinds of those answers here on CafeMom. If you think you can do it then it NEVER hurts to try! It's not like you can never place them back in school later if it doesn't work out, ya know? I'd try it out a year and then go from there. What will it hurt?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Don't forget to check out Happy Homeschooler's group here on CafeMom. There are literally thousands of mothers in the group that homeschool. You can feel free to ask any questions you have there and there's so many people to help.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• if you decide to homeschool make sure to but them in some kind of activites. because i was homeschool and i was always depressed cause i never had any friends and i never left my house it really sucked.
    Wytegirl

Answer by Wytegirl at 8:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would, I do, and I love it.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would handle the situation by talking to the school and the bus driver and if that didn't work threatening the school board with a lawsuit usually does the trick but no I wouldn't homeschool my kids because I don't have the patience for it so it wouldn't be good for any of us.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2009