What is an inexpensive high chair or alternative that you would recommend?

It's time to start feeding ds solids but since we're moving to England in two months we don't want to wast money on an expensive high chair that we'd only use for two months. Any recommendations on what to do?

lvlymummy08

Asked by lvlymummy08 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We have a portable high chair- it will strap to virtually an chair and save you space- you might even be able to take it with you! Here's a link to amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Space-Saver-High-Chair/dp/B000BXAI08/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1231271968&sr=8-1

You might also want one of those that attaches to a table:

http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Diner-Portable-Hook-Chair/dp/B0000A1O7P/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1231271947&sr=8-3

Hope that helps, mama and good luck on the move!
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 3:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I just bought a high chair/booster seat for my 6 1/2 month old at WalMart the other day. It was $15.00....Safety 1st brand...it just straps onto a chair and it's working out wonderfully for us!!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 3:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I go rid of our highchair and purchased a booster seat. I love it. They even may some that have adjustable backs to recline when they are younger. Cheaper and smaller. I bought mine for $30.00 at Babiesrus.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 3:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Try looking on craigslist. I got an Chicco one on there for $70
    Anonymous

• We used the Fisher Price Booster seat...
    http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Booster-Seat/dp/B0000DEW8N/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1231272353&sr=8-1
    It straps onto a regular chair so it doesn't take up any extra room in the kitchen. Considering that space is usually very tight in homes in England, you might want to take it with you! It's the only chair we ever used - starting at about 5 months through about 25 months. It's so portable that we even took it to restaurants.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Craigslist or a local baby consignment store should have an inexpensive highchair. You could also borrow one, if you know someone who has toddlers I am sure they may still have one to loan you.
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 3:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have the same one as Kaycee14 and I love it! I got it when my son was like 6 months and he still uses it at 2. It is so easy to clean and I take it everywhere!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• We used the Fisher Price Booster seat from 6 months on with our first, it lasted her until age 3, and now we use it for our 6mo old son. its durable and portable, and i think we paid $35 with tax
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I used the safty first booster with tray for my babies, from Wal-mart... 15 bucks never stretched so far.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• We also use the Fisher Price Booster seat/high chair. It's been great, esp. since when we have people over we can easily take it off and it's not a hassle, and it was SO much cheaper.
    BridgetFilbrun

Answer by BridgetFilbrun at 9:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2009