? for moms who breast feed or breast fed

So I have been reading how a lot of moms were able to delay their period for months while they breast fed...right after I had my son I had my period for like 2 wks...and I was breast feeding..did anyone else just go right back to having their period without any delays?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With my first I had my period back before my 6 wk check up. Guess we are just one of the lucky ones. LOL
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 3:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I didn't have mine til my dd was 7 mo old
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 3:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I didn't have one until I stopped breastfeeding, he was 11 months and a month later I had the worst period of my life!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I still haven't gotten mine back and my son is nearly 6 months. I thought I had gotten mine at 6 weeks pp but it wasn't... my OB said it was just stuff left behind from pregnancy that needed to come out. Maybe that is what is going on with you... unless you have already started regular cycles.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Well, after you deliver, you will bleed for up to two months. I did for almost 6 weeks, it was just like a period. After that stopped, I still have not had a period and my daughter is nearly 6 months. I don't know if there is anything you can do to delay it, but some women just naturally don't menstrate when breastfeeding.
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 3:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Two weeks after your baby was born? That probably was bleeding related to delivery, and not a period. However, some women DO have an immediate return of menses. Mine returned at 6 weeks post partum.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the pp answers, the bleeding you experienced was probably normal postpartum bleeding and not a period. I was lucky and never got a period until my son self weaned a little over 18 months.

Anonymous

• I had my period 6 weeks after my daughter was born and I strictly breast feed. Everyone is different. I did read that if you do start your period before 6 months post pardon then your generally will not be fertile the first 2 menstrual cycles.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 3:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I did not get a period between my first two and I got it again after I stopped bf my second at 8 months or so. I am currently bf again so no period. I did have post pardum bleeding up to 8 weeks with 1st, 6 weeks with 2nd and 4 weeks with 3rd, after each pregnancy but no period.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• got mine exactly 2 months after i had my daughter
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009