Did your husband/So go with you to all your OB appts.?

I'm going on my first OB appt. today for pregnancy and am bringing my husband along. Did other people do this? Is it normal to have your husband there at the first appt.? Just wondering, I don't want him or the Doc. to think it's weird. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it's so personal you cant go on what anyone else did. i went with my mother. whatever you do going to those appointments can create a bond between you and who ever it is. a baby and everything to do with it will change your whole life so when your 60 that person may remember how you cried when you heard first heard your babies heartbeat.. lol thats what happened to Me
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I think is completly normal I am 38 weeks pregnant and my husband went with me top all my apaointments and I also see alot of couples that bring there boyfriends and husbands along so there is no need to worry alot of doctors love to see couuples along with there giving there wife support.
    MommyG203

Answer by MommyG203 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• You have to decide what you're comfy with :). My husband went with me to all of them with my last pregnancy, this time he hasn't been but only because he works so much
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 2:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My husband was at every appt. I was scard and I wanted him there. It was our baby not just mine, I felt he needed to be there and so did he! It, I think, made us a stronger couple b/c he knew and understood everthing thing I was going throught.
    parkersmom3106

Answer by parkersmom3106 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My husband went with me when he could during my first pregnancy. Since my doctor's office was close to work for me, I generally made the appointments when I could get them. Last year, I miscarried, and he wasn't at the appt. with me.....he felt bad about that. So when I had my follow up, he was there. I hadn't expected him to be there, but he was. I have an appt next week for our first sonogram, and he will be there for that. I don't want to do that alone this time.
    lilsmom

Answer by lilsmom at 2:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• For the First child we both went to a lot of them. Hell I brought my mom to the very first ultrasound ever had. For my second one though, I have gone to all of them by myself- Oh wait, I got the joy of bringing my 3 year old. He saw the ultrasound and found out it's a boy!
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• No I think it is great to have him there for support and to help you ask questions. He might have some questions of his own. My husband usually only came to the ultrasounds and anything he just happen to have off work for. He liked comming tho and I enjoyed having him there.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I had two sets of twins 13 years apart by two different fathers the first time my husband didn't go to any appointment except the ultra sound with me. The second set my boyfriend went to all my appointments with me. Most of the time I was very glad he was there. He is a first time father and it gave him the opportunity to ask the dr. anything that he was apprehensive about and also it was nice to have his support.
    preciousneine

Answer by preciousneine at 2:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Its 100% Normal!
    My Husband went to every appointment I had, but there was 1 that he missed so my aunt went with me. Its a personal choice, and all about your comfort level. :)
    ProudOhioMom

Answer by ProudOhioMom at 2:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My Dh went with me a few times during my first pregancy like the first one and the times they did an ultra sound and my mom went with me the rest of the times. This pregnancy he hasnt been to one of my dr appts ( it kind of makes me sad) but we cant afford for him to take of but my mom has went to every appt with me so far but i think im to the point now where i think im just going to have her watch my DD so i can get in and out of there....
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2008