Any one else kicking off a diet/excerise for weight loss in the new yr?

And what are you doing to lose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I have been cutting out processed foods, breads, flour, sugar, ect. I'm also doing 30min workout video and 30min of eliptical a day. I also have been taking Acai' to help lose and boost energy
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 3:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i dont cut much out just simply cut back on how much of it i eat..i also take xenadrine..it helps boost the metabolizm and increase energy...i fast walk 4 miles a day on the tread mill at 2.5mph while im watching tv..my sons keep me pretty active runing up and down the stairs and wanting to be held...i already lost 8lbs since dec 15th...good luck all
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• treadmillWiifit and the elliptical and watching what I eat.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm not making a resolution per se, but just trying harder to get off my butt. If I lose weight, then great, if not, I am healthier for the effort I have put into it.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I am , I found a diet where you eat a few pieces of this chocolate a day right, before meals is best. It supresses your appetite for carbs and sweets and even helps with metabolism, cavities, etc. Anyways I know people who have lost a ton, like 13 lbs in one week even! Well that is the record, usually it's 7. pm me if anyone wants info/
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 7:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I started the special K diet. I eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast and lunch and have 2 snacks a day, either the bars or they have crackers and sometimes I'll have a piece of fruit. For dinner I have a big salad first with that spray that only has 1 calorie per spray then I just eat a little bit of what my fiance' and the kids are having. I drink water all day and with dinner I have a small glass of green tea or those crystal light packets. I am doing workout videos for at least 30 minutes every day and walking the kids to the bus stop instead of driving(as long as it's not too cold). I started this on the 1st but so far it's going pretty good. I weigh myself on Thursday so if you want to, message me and I'll let you know what I lost.

DROCKSGIRL517

Answer by DROCKSGIRL517 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Nope..I work out as always and eat like I did. I find if I set goals like that, I am more apt to break them. I go to the YMCA 4-5 times a week and do 45 minutes of cardio, 45 strength training and on Fridays I swim 40 laps. I would love to lose weight, but my thyroid is shot and I can't lose weight. All the working out I have done over the past year--I've lost 6 pounds. Ugh.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• yep. I lost 15 lbs last year and gained 10 back. So, I am starting slow, 30 minutes of exercise at least 3 times a week and cutting out sodas. When that sinks in I will get more on my diet.
    monkeymom25

Answer by monkeymom25 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Now that my son is almost three months, i find beautiful parks in my area and we go for a walk as many times a week as we can. I get my exercise and my son gets to be outside in the fresh air. I am starting there since i had a c-section and had to wait a little longer before starting to work out. I plan to gradually make my walks longer. To me trying to be realistic about your exercise is the best way to stick to it.
    AidensMamasita

Answer by AidensMamasita at 6:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I got out my old VCR tapes and dusted off my stepper at the beginning of the year and I haven't stopped. I have cut out bread because I think it is a real problem for me. I have already lost 5 pounds since New Years Day. I also have some walking tapes and they really are nice. I just do 30 minutes a day. You all sound like you are doing well. Are there any Eliptical Machines out there that aren't so big?
    AbbysMom2001

Answer by AbbysMom2001 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2009