Who does Franken think he is?

Just who exactly does Al Franken think he is to declare himself the victor? The fact that more votes have been counted than had been signed for shows that there were shennanigans pulled in this election. And now he wants to throw out the military votes of the wonderful, brave men and women that are serving overseas? Wow, what a winner.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, he's not right.

Unfortunately for Mr. Franken, he's failed to recognize that the Secretary of State is the final person who certifies the results of the election...not the Canvassing Board.

By Minnesota law, the SOS can't certify anything until all pending lawsuits have been settled, and since both Coleman and Franken plan to file lawsuits this week regarding how votes were counted and others that were thrown out, nothing will be certified any time soon.

As an MN resident, I would be ashamed to see Mr. Franken represent our state after the things he said and did during the campaign, especially his low and insulting advertisements which involved families of soldiers who were injured or died during the Iraq War.
    Anonymous

• Because Norm Colman sucks as a senator and Al Franken will actually help the people of MN. Sheesh.
    Anonymous

• oh good god i thought this was over when obama became prez.
    Anonymous

• At our house we call him Anal Franken and Al Frankenstein with that square head and all. damn sure though, DC does NOT need another freakin comedian. 2008, the year of Democratic Scandal. How will we ever live through it? By creating a worse one in 2009! I cannot even imagine what that bizarre creature will be like in DC. I am putting money on the fact he never gets invited to any of the fun parties.
    More than likely the military votes were Republican, of course.
    Isn't this coming up to a legal issue in Jan which must be decided by Feb.10? He can't win anything till then.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• The fact that more votes have been counted than had been signed for shows that there were shennanigans pulled in this election

Somehow he turned into Al, the Magician and ended up with MORE votes than people eligible to vote. ::scratching head:: There they go again with that "funny" Democratic math.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Ohh and don't forget the (somthing like)130 votes that are "magically" missing.....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm glad people are concentrating on his looks rather than the issues. Great.

You'd be surprised how many minnesota military people are NOT republican. I would know, I'm one of them...
    Anonymous

• See, and we thought Burris was the magic man. Who disappeared off the Capitol Bldg. steps today btw, Franken was the real Magic Man all along. He had us fooled!
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• grly, the math really does concern me, but I think mostly I am upset that he doesn't want to count the military vote. Does he realize where we would be without a military? What they actually do for our country? I somehow doubt it since he can be so flippant about their votes counting. I guess honor is too much to ask for.

If he won fair and square, that's one thing. But the fuzzy math and disenfranchising votes is really what has me in a twist. If ever there was a reason for a special election, this would be it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• All part of his master plan! Pay no attention to the "has been comedian" behind the curtain, and focus on Illinois and Bill Richardson...     All the while POOF, magically more votes then people appear... 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009