At what age should my daughter start rolling over?

My daughter will be six months on the 11th and she is rolling from stomach to back but she cant get from her back to her stomach. Shouldnt she be doing that by now? My oldest was doing both by this age. I am just worried that she is behind.

YoungMomtoGirls

Asked by YoungMomtoGirls at 3:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is widely different. My youngest rolled over when he was a week old, My oldest was about 6 months. If she is rolling one way, it won't be long before she rolls both ways.

Answer by Bmat at 3:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My nearly 6 month old doesn't roll over either way, but everything else she is doing fine. I wouldn't worry. My pediatrician said it is not a big deal at all.
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 3:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Don't worry. My dd didn't roll over for a long time and now at 11 months she is still not crawling, but a perfectly healthy happy baby. Every child is different, so try not to compare - I know it's hard not too.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 3:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My dd turns 6 months on the 10th, and she has been rolling both ways for a while now. Rolling both ways was one of the developmental milestones they ask about yesterday at her well baby appointment, so doing it by this age is normal. With that said, those milestones are just recommendations and every mother or pediatrician in the country will tell you that all children develop at a different rate. Once my little one figured out one way, it wasn't long before she had the other. I just had t give her plenty of time on the floor to work on it.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My 5 month old daughter rolled front to back at around 3 months and rolled back to front around 4 months. My 3 year old son didn't roll over until he was 6 months. I wouldn't worry. Babies just develop at different rates.
    Anonymous