mommy feeling

okay, im pregnant with our first baby. now my tummy is getting big an I even feel the baby moving AND I got cold feet!!!

I thought it would come naturally.. the mommy feeling?! I don't feel anything different.

glossyblack

Asked by glossyblack at 3:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is a scarey thing.....but a wonderful part of life!! It's hard to be a "mommy" with no baby outside of the womb but you are. Those feelings will set in and once that baby is here it will need you and love you no matter what. Just give it time....you are doing a great job as a MOM already!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I never felt like a mommy. I am 31 weeks and it is just NOW starting to hit home and I'm still not even that big.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i actually didnt get the "mommy feeling" until i was about 34 weeks.. it depends on the person, but i think its normal to get cold feet with all the "what ifs"
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• its normal it will come to you when the baby is born.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• When you see and hold him for the first time your heart will melt. I was th same way too.. Not really attached to being pregnant but it was different after birth.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I agree with PP's that it was different after the baby was born. I remember being at a pizza place when I was 8 mos pregnant and there was this crying baby there and the sound was driving me nuts and I was like OMG I'm not going to be able to do this!!!!!! Lol. It's funny now, but it wasn't then. But as soon as I held my baby in my arms, I loved him with all my heart.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My daughter was 2 days old when it hit me.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 3:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Dont worry! we all get nervous and unsure during the pregnancy.
    It wont acutally "hit" you until after you have the baby.
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 3:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I am 31 wks. and have felt like a mommy ever since I started buying clothes for her and taking good care of myself and hubby. I find myself running around our house like a madwoman trying to make everything perfect for her. Obviously, I no longer go out and party like the old days and my idea of a fun time is watching a movie or going on a walk. I don't know if it's a 'motherly' feeling so much as it is a 'grown-up' feeling. I finally feel like a real adult.
    Anonymous

• don't get me wrong, I take very well care of my pregnancy! but not because I feel like a mom no because im responsible and its not about my needs anymore.

I just thought I would feel like any different but instead im scared if I can handle it all don't know what to expect! my family is far away from me.. im freaking out a tiny bit lol
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 3:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009