proitizing your life

proitizing.....hmm where to start....
I have been told I need to proitize my life............Here is how I look at it.....
My ds 7 months old comes first...then my dh, then finding a job, then my house......
but its seems to me that my job hunting and haouse cleaning and taking care ds all get smooshed together in my day to day......dh works long hours everyday so he really isnt here to add in but after i find work he will take care of ds while i work........
how do you priotize or organize your lives? where does everything fit?
when do you find time to sit down and do a budget ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• I had a lot of problems with my daughters father, so I am re prioritizing my life now... right now I am also job hunting, on the side to do house cleaning to pay for what she needs... I have two job interviews next week.. but basically like you said, your kids comes first... the what you need to get your kid what they need.. but I make sure to sit down one day a week.. mostly sunday to go over bills etc, to make sure I know where I am at (in debt) and how much I've paid off. I keep a note book to help me stay up to date.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• The thing about prioritizing is that it falls under the same saying "life is what happens while you are making other plans."
    Remember "Your thoughts determine your reality". If you are always prioritizing, then you will always be prioritizing and you will never get where you want to go. Focus on what you want, the end result, don't worry about how you are going to get there. Just stay focus on what you want, the rest will work itself out.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have a 13 year old that I homeschool, a set of 13 month old twins, one special needs, and I work part-time. My son has therapy 4 days a week, sometimes twice in one day, and various doctors appointments 3 times a month. Scheduling and organization are my best friends!

My kids come first always. They are my number 1 priority. DH is somewhere in the middle, the house cleaning is last. I never let my house get disgusting, it's messy clean most of the time.

I try to use their nap time and bed time to my advantage. I have specific days that I do certain rooms, such as the bathroom, kitchen floor, etc. I do those once a week chores while they sleep on specific days. DH and I share the laundry chore on weekends. I also multi-task a lot. While the kids are brushing their teeth after breakfast, I load the dishwasher. While I cook dinner, I clean the counters.

cont...
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Home schooling is scheduled around the therapy and doctor appointments. We have a set amount of time to do it each day and it is broken up some days.

My "free" day is set aside for paperwork, bills, phone calls, etc. Phone calls are done when they are napping and as much of the paperwork or bills I can get done. The rest is done when they are having independent play time.

DH and I have our time together when our schedule allows it. We both agreed to this and have accepted it as part of our lives right now. We know that someday we will be back to normal.
    sammygrl77