I'm confused!!!

I went to my first prenatal appt two weeks ago, and my doctor told me the baby was to small that I was about 5 wks, and I wasn't feeling good and went yesterday again and he told me the same thing, that he thinks that I'm about 5 wks because he cant hear the heart beat....
Is there something wrong with me? I'm getting concerned, I found out that I was pregnant on Dec 20th. Am I worrying to much?
Please be nice, I wasn't able to sleep yesterday thinking that something is going wrong!!!! I didn't see my doctor worried but I'm starting to get worried.
THANKS!!
I dont have an appt to go back until the 16th, and it's killing me, I feel that it will be eternity until I go back to my doctor's office for my third ultrasound....
=(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Worrying will only make things worse. At this stage there is really nothing you can do if there is something wrong. Just try and relax. With my second child the due date was not confirmed until an ultrasound was completed because my period was off. Don't assume there is a problem until there is one. If I remember correctly doctors won't hear a heartbeat until around 12 wks.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 3:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I am surprised that the doctor did not order an ultrasound. It is possible that it is just an early pregnancy. I wonder why that early ultrasound was not ordered, it would have made you feel so much better! The alternative is that the baby has stopped growing, but don't worry about it yet. Call the doctor and ask for another appointment. At this point, a heartbeat should be heard. Ask someone to go with you for courage. If you are told, again, that there is no heartbeat, insist on an ultrasound. IF there still is no heartbeat, ask what he plans on doing about it. My sister in law experienced this a few weeks ago.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 4:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I found out I was Prego at 5 weeks and there was no heart beat beacuse it was to early
    you will be fine just try to calm down because stress does not help. and that prob whats making you not feel good besides the fact your prego.
    Ususally about 14 weeks there is a heart beat

P.S The sell a machine at target so you can listen to the heart beat
    but let the doc tell you when its ok to use it so you don't freak yourself out
    Michylyn

Answer by Michylyn at 5:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't really worry, I had the same problem!!My doctor couldn't find a heartbeat and she was worried but didn't do anything til my next appointment and a couple weeks later I had an ultrasound and everything was fine! Plus you only are 5 weeks which usually they can't find the heartbeat til about 13-14 weeks..hope everythings fine though!
    Aidensmommy2be

Answer by Aidensmommy2be at 9:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2009