baby sign language

I'm looking for a website that has a printable dictionary, but I'm not having luck finding one. What's a good website for this?

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 3:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know about a printable dictionary, but here's a site with video for ASL...

http://commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/browser.htm

I highly recommend teaching ASL to little ones!! I had good luck with it!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Kindersigns...I teach baby sign language to the parents and lil ones through this website they have a printable dictionary or at least i have one. I can get you a copy if it doesnt have one readily available.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 4:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would recommend www.signingtime.com

Frankly even if you can only afford the first dvd, it will be the best investment ever !!!!

Also even going to the book store, they have baby first sign books, it would proably be easier to just start there. They usually show all the basic signs.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 4:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• *watching*
    at what age would you start this?
    Rebekahs_Mommy

Answer by Rebekahs_Mommy at 4:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• LOVE the Signing Time videos!!! They are also available at most libraries! Not only did my sons pick up ASL, they also picked up some words!

Rebekahs Mommy...I started from birth. Just doing the sign. More to get me in the habit at that stage, but they see it from the beginning. Usually, babies will start signing back around 8 months, but understand the signs WAY before that!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• OH...and it's never too late to start teaching ASL!!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I love this one! You can pick specific signs to print out. There is a section on the first 100 signs.

http://www.lifeprint.com/
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Rebekah's mom - I started a around 8 months. My girl is now using the signs daily. She is 13 months. We only do a few of them... milk, hungry, more, all done, thank you, and now we are working on please.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have a deaf step-sister-in-law and her son was shown sign language, as well as spoken to in english, since he was born.
    There is a good chance that he will become deaf in the future, but right now he is a hearing child and communicates well with his mother, or should I say, she communicates well with him and he understands her perfectly.
    I plan on learning ASL so that I may communicate with her and with the residents in the area who will be coming into the physician's office that I will someday be employed at.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009