From 2 different worlds.

My fiance and I are from two different walks of life. He grew up with some values I don't approve of. Like letting a child watch a horror movie. I grew up where certain things were practiced, like children aren't supposed to be in grown folks company. He grew up close to the city. I grew up away from the city, where we only went unless we had to, mostly because of my siblings and i chronic illness. I like a simple life and would rather stay home. He like to go out and party and spend money. We get along great though. Why when I say left, he says right? He knows I have a more business savvy attitude and things will go my way anyway, why does he defy everything I do like a child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• You guys just need to learn to compromise, my hubby and I are opposites and we don't always agree but that's ok because I like to argue, a good marriage is about give and take.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My fiancee and I are the same way like he had a nanny that was terrible to him and he doesn't want our daughter to have a nanny and I do, he believes in spanking I'm more neutral about it. He was rich I was poor. They do say opposites attract though
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 3:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My husband is quite opposite of me as well. But...it works. I'm not sure how, but I believe it's because we balance eachother out. We "argue" which I like to call more of debate quite often. Most of the times, we end up laughing at eachother because of our absurd ideas, but it really keeps things lively. And, I love him for the gentle, giving, warm hearted person he is, not because he's "wrong" all the time. Just kidding...I'm probably wrong half the time :)
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 4:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• well, with that attitude~~> He knows I have a more business savvy attitude and things will go my way anyway, <<~~, what do you expect.if you can't conquer this before marriage, you both will be in trouble. Seems like 2 people trying to be in charge and no one is winning.
    Anonymous

• You should ask yourself the same question.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• because your two diff people. you cant always get what you want, he is his own person. you need to compromise.
    Rebekahs_Mommy

Answer by Rebekahs_Mommy at 5:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009