what do i need to bring to the hospital with me the day of my labor?

what things am i allowed to bring for myself that will make my labor a little easier (pillows, blankets, heating pads, bath robe)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• a radio for some calming music if they let you.
    Anonymous

• Bring whatever you want! :) lol I didn't bring a thing and was extremely comfortable. All i needed was my hubby's hand to squeeze and to be able to look him in the eye and hear him coaching me. But if you feel like you need a special pillow or a certain picture to look at... BRING IT! Labor is hard and you need something to get your mind off it. Good luck girl!
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• the only thing i used from my bag was my ipod and pillows. i way over packed...oh yeah and clothes to wear home.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 3:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Chap stick. :)

If you use their items, then you don't need to think about bringing your own or washing them up afterwards. If you stay a night or two, then it would be nice to have a new pretty and comfortable night gown or night shirt and maybe a feminine robe, just to make you feel extra nice. :)

Answer by Bmat at 3:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I brought a lot of stuff that I didn't end up using. Books, magazines, my ipod. I never got around to any of those things. I was too wiped out. This time I'm bringing my ipod cause it has games on it now, a pillow, some jammies, toiletries, and some slippers.
    alysmommy0909

Answer by alysmommy0909 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• oh i agree with bmat.... CHAP STICK is a necessity i dunno what i would have done if I didn't have mine
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Heh, well if you really want to know I had like 3 bags of stuff - I looked like I was moving in! Here are some ideas:
    Entertainment for Hubby (magazines, laptop, Nintendo DS, etc)
    Snacks for Hubby
    Vending Machine and Cafeteria cash for Hubby (You'll get fed, he doesn't)
    Your own Pillow
    Comfy socks! I love warm fuzzy socks.
    Camera
    Camera charger
    Memory for camera - with lots of room
    Cell phone
    Cell phone charger
    Suckers - during labor they let me have a sucker, no food, no hard candy.. hard candies without a "stick" were considered a choking hazard but a sucker was OK.
    Take home outfit for baby
    Going home clothes for you - NOT pre-pregnancy size. You'll lose some weight right away but not all of it. General guidelines is an outfit that you could wear about 5 months pregnant.
    Toothbrush
    Brush
    Make up
    (Shampoo/Conditioner, etc)

Good luck!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Try this: http://pregnancyandbaby.com/pregnancy/baby/Customized-labor-bag-checklist-234.htm
    Grneydmomof2

Answer by Grneydmomof2 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• also, think about it- people will want to take pictures... hospital green looks good on very few women... I bought a new robe and wore that (also kept away the back door draft) I also braided my hai at the beginning of labor, my pics are obviously not the most wonderful every taken of me, but people could look at the baby in my arms without being distracted by my bride of frankenstein hair.. and I felt better about myself.

another thing you will want is a toothbrush.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Don't forget your insurance card(s)!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009