Was I so terrible to my Mom?

Babysat my great niece.My mom wanted to know details.I mentioned t the other greatgrandma.sister inlaw, niece along with baby were depressed about Nephew(baby daddy) being in Iraq.so above mentioned went to the coast overnight.All the women and babygirl enjoyed their trip.Iwas thrilled they had a good time. The kicker is..my mom started fretting."I hope they have plenty money" "how can they afford that if work is cutting (widowed)sil job? I tried to convince mom "well with 3 woman it was a cheap trip splitting the cost"..that did not appease my mom..I became cross and told mom "no one is suppose to have fun" Mom bristled!! Her reply (knowing how poor I am) was "why dont you take a trip..Unrattled I said " I'm tired and feel good just resting in my recliner." She got the ass and left.Please dont cut me too bad here..was I ugly and disrespectful to mom?I'm 55 and whipped Didnt chase after her.I do love her!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think so. Just a little fight. Just don't let it linger too long.
    Anonymous

• Call her and invite her to a nice lunch. Don't bring up the matter, just enjoy. :)

Answer by Bmat at 3:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I say let it roll of the shoulder. Some people become obsessed with what other people do and their situation. They dwell on it like they can change it. Old people are like that. IDK Y
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Well if your Mom is like my Mom once she gets hers panties in a knot it takes a while for her to be okay again. In the meantime..I leave her alone unless I feel like I need to apolgize. If that is the case I find a time I know she isn't home..like Sunday mornings..and call and leave a message saying "I'm sorry I was short with you"..love ya, bye. That way she can't get it all started again and I apologized w/o being sermonized on what a did wrong.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• you guys will get over it quick and next time you talk it wont even be thought of :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• To all you moms that posted such wonderful and kind answers..Thank you very much.You will find it humorous that when I saw Mom on Friday..she was all too ready to sit quietly and listen to full details of my baby sitting adventure and the girls trip to the coast..Not a peep from her!! I think she realized when she stormed out mad..she missed out on all the details..AND she wants to know everything going on!!! ROFLMBO
    Anonymous