Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever suffer from depression?

I don't care anymore, It feels like something inside of me is crying deeply, painfully. I don't want to talk to anyone, I don't want to be around anyone. My husband is a selffish drunken prick. After the 12th beer decides "we should talk"...Whatever I'm not talking to anyone after 6 beers much less 12! Theres no money or insurence the teens just walk all over me, no respect or regard for anyone or anything. I withdraw as a coping skill. I desperatly need to stop my world, get off and go into a hospital for depressed people. I know I need help! where do I start when I'm broke?
Skip the advice on talking to hubby, getting through to him is like getting through a brickwall. He says he cares but when I have tried to pour out my feelings he gets mad....Is there an over the counter thing to take that will lift my spirits?
Please help!! I feel like I'm withering away.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • I feel that way sometimes, but usually I can snap out of it. I am feeling down right now myself. But, there are some over the counter things that you can take. St. Johns Wart is one that is suppose to help with your mood. You can go see a therapist, that will help.

    I'm sorry you feel this way :(

    Answer by Nena821 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • there is nothing OTC to take, and as for no money, most hospitals will work with you on a payment plan, if need be, where to start is if you feel like you can't wait for an appointment, go to your local ER and tell them what you told us here, they will help you!

    pm me if you need, i've been there myself, and i know how it feels

    good luck, momma!

    Answer by bi-polarmommy at 3:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • Go to your doctor, and tell them how you feel. Usually they will give you something for free!! Sorry you feel this way, I have suffered from depression for my whole life. Do you have anyone close to you that you can talk to?

    Answer by jennieo622 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • Hello. Im really sorry about your situation. I kind of know how you feel. I was suffering from PPD for a long time. You wont have a chance of feeling any better unless you go to a doctor.

    But the more important thing you need to do is: leave your husband. I dont say break up with him or get a divorce. I think you need to be away from him for a while. He is pulling you down even further. He is not helping you with his drinking. 12 beer means he is an alcoholic. Throw him out, or leave the house with your kids.

    Ask your family and/or friends for help/support. I know you dont want to talk to anybody. But you wont be able to get out of this dilemma without talking to somebody and asking for help.

    I wish you the best of luck.

    Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • I only did for about three months and it was horrible. I feel badly for those who suffer for a long time. I agree, talk to your doctor.

    Answer by Bmat at 4:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • Go to your health food store. They may have some recommendations. Good luck and hugs.

    Also exercise does help.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • Yep I kinda think the problem is more the drunk husband. He needs to go and not come back til his ways are changed.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • Hey girl. I was just the same way over the holidays; I lost 10 pounds because of it. I was very deprssed over our $ situation. But you know what, call your doctor or local pharmacist and find out what could work for you. I take Zoloft 50mg per day and I want to up it to 100mg because I'm so stressed out right now but there are other methods. Call your pharmacist; you said you have no insurance so you could start there and maybe he can lead in the right direction. I feel so bad for you because I know how you feel. It just seems so hard to get through life when you feel that way that you say "what the hell is it all for".
    I wish you so much luck from the bottom of my heart.

    Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • There are 2 kinds of depression. 1) circumstantial and 2) physiological. For the first one you have to change your circumstances. Get up and walk out even if just for the day. Let them deal without you and see if that gets some attention. You could always walk out and walk away for good but that is extreme. There is no OTC drug for that type of depression. However, depression that is physiological responds to meds well. I'm not a dr and can't prescribe but I can tell you that I suffer from depression and when it gets ugly for me I take an OTC supplement called 5-htp. It works for me. I can't guarantee it works for everyone. I do not take it all the time either. I take it until I feel better and I stop. It sounds like you just need a lady's day out with friends though. Chocolate works well too! (truth)

    Answer by admckenzie at 6:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • I take celexa but before that I took St. Johns Wart. I've also learned that music with a good beat (not the sappy stuff) helps to lift my spirits. I know it feels like you just dont want to do anything but once you get up, you will feel better. Also coming online helped for me cuz I didnt feel alone anymore. there are others that feel the way you do . Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk.

    Answer by tsa_momma at 9:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.