I wake up on my back

Alot!
I am starting to have trouble sleeping, I'm at 30 wks. I am for one thing HOT, and another just restlest. I wake up at 5:30 am every morning. But I also wake up lots thru the night and find that I'm on my back a lot. I try to stay on my sides but always seem to end up on my back. Do you think I am causing and harm to the baby?

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 3:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• HA! I slept on my back the entire pregnancy! the sides were NOT comfortable. My doctor said if that's the only way I'm comfortable then it's fine. :) I had a really healthy pregnancy though... as long as you don't have any health risk you should be fine on your back
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Just don't sleep on your stomach and you should be fine!
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 4:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I always heard the left side is the best to sleep on for circulation but I don't think your hurting the baby sleeping on your back. Next time you go for a checkup, just mention it and see what the OB says. Good luck!
    Grneydmomof2

Answer by Grneydmomof2 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. I TALKED TO MY DR ABOUT IT AND SHE SAID THATS PERFECTLY FINE, JUST WHEN YOU WAKE UP, ROLL ON YOUR SIDE AGAIN.
    AngelFace211

Answer by AngelFace211 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• If you can sleep in a position comfortably, do it!!! Get your sleep now while you can!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009