how do u feel about taking baths while pregnant

i love taking baths to relax me, but now im so concerned about the baby i still take them but maybe once a week and i make sure the water isnt too hot, do you think this is okay?

brooklyn10

Asked by brooklyn10 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think that as long as you follow your instincts and you don't feel uncomfortable with your body temp while in the bath, it won't do any harm. I love baths while preggo!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 4:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Perfectly fine as long as the water temperature is not above 102 degrees fahrenheit!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 4:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes, it's fine. I didn't take any in the first 3 mos, as I was super paranoid, but I take them now like 3 times a week. I'll even take them with somewhat hot water. I just make sure my belly isn't completely submerged and only stay in for about 10-15 mins. It's fine. You can't totally deprive yourself and once you get fruther along, you're going to need to do it to relax.
    Anonymous

• I don't take a ton of baths.. and I never really liked mine scalding hot -- but they feel OH SO GOOD while pregnant. My back greatly appreciates the pressure being off of it for a while. Yum! I've taken a few and, like other Moms say, you don't have to do much more then watch the temperature and how you're feeling. If for some reason your water has broken you should stop taking baths at that point, but honestly you should head to the hospital ;)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i love taking baths when i was prego just chilling and relaxing feeling the baby lol
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Loved it, just like Emmy said keep the temp below 102 and as you get further along be careful getting up and getting out. Take it slow, get yourself a mat with a non slid bottom
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I spent most of my pregnancy reading baby books in the bath tub.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Couldn't have lived withoout my baths when I was pregnant..lol..loved them
    nomadbrat83

Answer by nomadbrat83 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I couldn't have survived without occaisional baths when I was pregnant, but it got a little tricky to get out by myself with the twin pregnancy. Like others have said, just don't make it too hot, and stay out if you have any leaking going on.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I NEVER TOOK BATHS PREGNANT, ONLY BECAUSE I HAD AN OLDER DR, AND HE TOLD ME NOT TO, I THINK HE WAS JUS OLD FASHIONED IN HIS THINKING THOUGH. I ONLY LISTENED BECAUSE I HAD A HIGHER RISK PREGNANCY SO I JUST WANTED TO BE SAFE.
    AngelFace211

Answer by AngelFace211 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009