removing bottles

I am close to the 1 year birthday and want to remove the bottle from most of the daily routine. Do i put formula in a sippy cup? My son is not a big solid food eater yet, how do i know he is getting what he needs?

NandE

Asked by NandE at 2:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• AT 1 years old you wouldn't need to use formula- you can use cow milk that you would purchase from the store. You can put that into a sippy cup. As well as introduce juices, etc.
    bramlettljb

Answer by bramlettljb at 2:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• When I took my son off the bottle I did do formula in a sippy cup just for a few weeks but he didnt like it. So I stopped. He was never drinking it. He LOVES regular milk tho. I think unless you want to you are fine to stop with formula all together as long as your baby is a good weight and will eat/drink other things.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• At age 1, he don't need formula - he can now drink Cows Milk in a Sippy Cup.
    Anonymous

• If you are really worried about it, ask your doc if you can put vitamins in his cows milk.
    Anonymous