How can I stop my eyeliner from smudging ?

Ok lately when I put on my eyeliner it smudges adn I end up with little black spots near my eyes and in the corners of my eyes

RaulitosMommy

Asked by RaulitosMommy at 4:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• don't put it on so heavy. Dead serious, that's the only way I could stop mine from doing it. That or smudge it a little into your eye shadow and that works too! :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• its smudges no matter what brand you use? Cause I noticed if I use a cheap brand mine smudges but like victoria's secret eyeliner stays put.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• What type of eyeliner are you using?? I use either pencil or powder from mac and I never have that problem. Also, have you tryed that spray that sets your makeup from mac??
    IsoAnAtisMommy

Answer by IsoAnAtisMommy at 4:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I use the eyeliner by H.I.P I LOVE it I can draw it on and it NEVER goes antwhere!!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes..curently I uswe only MAC products...I use their eyeshadow in Black Tied Velvet and apply it with MAC 266 small angle brush..but it smudges like at the corners and into my eye..like little black crud into my eye..and no I never even seen that MAC has a spray for setting makeup..I tried Shellac from BeneFit but it stung my eyes
    RaulitosMommy

Answer by RaulitosMommy at 6:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• LIQUID EYELINER! It's the best! It takes a little practice to get used to putting it on, but once you've got it, there is nothing like it! It never smudges, stays on completely perfect all day long, washes off good too. I love it all the way around. Apply it after eyeshadow but before mascara. And here's a hint on how to put it on - Don't push hard, just let it kind of gently sit on your lashes and with one smooth motion glide it across softly. Like I said , once you get the hang of it, you'll love it!! I used to always use regular eyeliner and had the same problem. Untill I noticed a girl at work and how perfect her eyes always looked. Ever since then, that's all I will use. Good luck. :)
    Mrs_Bonsta

Answer by Mrs_Bonsta at 7:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• This happens to me sometimes as well. Get yourself a good eye primer, several popular ones that you can get are Urban Decay Primer Potion or Two-Faced Shadow Insurance. I use MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study as a base and it works great!
    Futuregirlzone

Answer by Futuregirlzone at 4:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It depends alot on the look you're going for. I often put the liner on BEFORE shadow because this softens the look of the liner and also helps set it......at least on top lid. Also, since I have been using Color Stay liner by Revlon I have barely had smudging. I like it MUCH better than other liners I have used. It's my favorite. :-)
    MommeeSteph

Answer by MommeeSteph at 6:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2009