Did you do perineal massage? Did it help you not tear?

Or, did you not do it and not tear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well we did but then i ended up needing a emergency c section so im not sure if it would have worked for me or not. hope you find your answer.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I did it and did not tear at all! :)
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• we did it..... and dummy big head had to be brought into the world through c section lol :) but hey it's actually a lot of fun doing it even though for me I have no idea if it would have worked or not
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• no massage and no tears at all.
    kaitsmom06

Answer by kaitsmom06 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Did it...tore.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i did one from 30 wks on

all natural birth, no tear, no cut
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I didn't but wound up with a c-section any way. My son had a large head...hehe
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I did and only tore about 1/4 of an inch
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 4:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had an episiotomy with my first. I did not do perineal massage with my second and did not tear. I did, however, end up with stretch burns which I have to say is more painful than an episiotomy. I suggest doing the massage even if you think there is a chance you may tear. It's worth at least reducing the risk even if you aren't eliminating it altogether.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 5:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• With my first, yes I did it. (OMG, I accidentally typed fist instead of first. Thank God I caught that!) Anyway, I did not tear. She was 9 1/2 lbs.
    With my second, I really couldn't find the time or place to do such a thing, and I worried so badly that I would tear, but I didn't. She was 8 1/4 lbs.
    Anonymous