Buying cell phones off of ebay.

Is it safe to buy a cell phone off of ebay? I found one that says it is for verizon and from a top rated seller but i am not sure if it is safe. I am not eligible for an upgrade yet so i am looking for one at a good price.

jaceyrayesmom

Asked by jaceyrayesmom at 9:49 AM on Oct. 31, 2011 in Money & Work

• My dd does it all the time without any problems.

Answer by gemgem at 9:50 AM on Oct. 31, 2011

• I have bought 2 phones off ebay...one of them was fine for a few months, then a couple of the buttons stopped working. A few months later, the phone just started cutting off all the time, even after I bought a new battery. Luckily I only paid about $40 for the phone.
    The other phone (also about $40) is still going strong without any problems.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:06 AM on Oct. 31, 2011

• Generally speaking, Yes. It is fine to order a used cell phone off eBay. However, just like anywhere else, you really have to ask a lot of questions if the ad is pretty bleak. If the ad does not answer all the questions that you need, such as how long has someone owned it, it is a refurbished phone, etc., don't be afraid to bug the heck out of the Seller until all your questions are answered. A good Seller will always be more than happy to answer all your questions, and if they can't, try to find the answer. LOL! On the other hand, if you ask a question and never hear back, that would appear that they are trying to hide info. Then, I would steer clear! Good luck.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:00 PM on Oct. 31, 2011

• my droid x is from e-bay and i have no problems with it
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2011

• I agree with m-avi
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2011