I am a single mother to be and I was wondering if my baby gets sick and I have to go work and I have no family in florida where can I take my baby?

I am recently single and expecting. I went to a daycare which I loved , but the question came if I had a plan B in case my baby gets sick and I have to take him home or can't bring him to daycare. My problem is I work and I have zero family down here and all my friends work same hours as me. Can anyone give me some advise on where can I take the baby or what to do if this happens. I am very worried about this I can't afford to lose my job.

terliz

Asked by terliz at 4:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• babysitter? find one that is reliable and will watch your child even if they are sick. I know before I had my son I had no problem watching people's children if they were sick. But now that I have him, i don't want him to get sick cause he's so young
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• sounds like you will have to call in to work if the baby is sick
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• There will be times you will have to call in sick if the baby is sick. I am a single mom myself, and I do have family, but they work as well and can't always take off to take care of my kids. No one can afford to lose their job, but sometimes we don't have a choice. If your child is sick, and can't go to daycare/sitter/school, you'll have to call in and hope they don't fire you. Just make sure that you are there everyday otherwise, clock in a few minutes early even each day, work hard, show them that you are valuable, and they might be more willing to cut you some slack on those days you have to call in.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• They cannot and I repeat cannot fire you for not having a plan b option. Also, if you're interviewing do not tell them you have kids...it is none of their business. If you have to miss work, you have to miss work. More than likely the daycare will take them unless they're running a fever or have diarrhea or vomiting....
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You might want to check out people at like church- maybe there is a college student or a mom that no longer has children at home that would't mind taking care of a mildly sick child.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2009