teething?

My 4 month old is not sleeping well, is drooling a lot, cries when he eats, has a decreased appetite, and likes to bite on my finger, but I see no signs of a tooth. Is he teething?

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 4:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YES!! the tooth may not have surfaced yet, but imagine, its coming from the level around his nose downward. It has a little ways to travel before it pops out, but yes, that is definitely teething. What helped my girl get through it was wrappng gauze bandage around my smallest finger and letting her nibble on it (dont go too far in the mouth...I saw this on that Doctor show that comes on Discovery Channel and tried it and it actually worked.) also, if he likes pacifiers, put a couple back ups in the freezer or put a freezy toy in the freezer for when he is getting fussy. My little one also ran fevers at this time, so a little baby tylenol assisted the really tough nights.
    newbieboobie

Answer by newbieboobie at 4:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Sounds like teething. My son did that at your child's age. It can take a while for a tooth to actually come in. My son just now has a tooth and he's seven months old.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My son did that a lot around that age, not sleeping well, not eating as much, drooling like crazy... It seemed like forever until the tooth finally appeared! I got the homopathic teething tablets, they worked well. Now, he's got 6 teeth, and just turned 8 months.
    Anonymous