Which kids cartoons or shows do you find the most irritating? Which do you like?

My daughter wanted so bad to watch Teletubbies and that newer one, Boobah or whatever it is, and I just find absolutely no educational value in those! Plus the fact that they don't even really talk, I saw no sense in her watching. Thankfully now she's more into Dora (learning her spanish quite well too which is great!), Wonder Pets (which I like because it teaches helping others, and Pinky Dinky Doo which I have to admit is sometimes irritating but it's taught her so much about using her imagination! She's coming up with some off-the-wall stories now, I love it!

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 4:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• PINKY HAS A STORY SHE WANTS TO SHARE WITH YOUUUUU PINKY DINKY DOO!!!

I love that one!! lol! I like the Backyardagains, Pinky, Blues Clues, Upside Down Show, and Wubbzy. However, I HATE The Wiggles, Yo Gabba Gabba.... and omg I hate hate HATE OOBI...that show is SO pointless!! I heard my son the other day talking like Oobi- in third person and using really broken english. I hate that. No more Oobi for my son.

I don't really like Little Bear or any of those spin offs either. Not very realistic and it's given my son all these expectations of what a mom SHOULD be doing. He doesn't learn the morals, just that I should be baking all day long...lol.
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 8:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• doodleboobs and ya GABBA GABBA
    oceaneyes41

Answer by oceaneyes41 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• anything on cartoon network is off limits in my house. They like Thomas, Bob the Builder, Handy Manny, Dora, Bigfoot and Meteor....all great learning shows.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• caroon network is off limits in my house to. My son watches PBS and disney along with the noggin channel. I cant stand yo gabba gabba and the doodleboobs ehhhh horrible.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have to agree with the doodlebops and yo gabba gabba. They, in my opinion are worse that Barney and Teletubbies. I used to hate the Wiggles, but after seeing the doodlebobs, I love the Wiggles! Dora annoys me, I think it's just her voice and how she's always yelling, but my twins love her. I love Blue's Clue's, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse pretty much anything else.
    mauspond

Answer by mauspond at 5:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I let my daughter watch about anything on Disney! I hate Sponge Bob and Dora!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 5:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• There aren't many I DO like. I actually don't like Dora and Diego because I don't always like how they solve problems or the problems they do have for that matter. Most of the preschool shows on PBS right now are ok but I don't let DS watch the older kid cartoons like Arthur and Word Girl. Hate Caillou, Teletubbies, Sponge Bob
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I hate Spongebob with a passion. I let her watch ALMOST anything on Noggin. The worst of the noggin ones for me is Yo! Gabba Gabba. No value at all. and Ridiculous. I like most of the pbs one's as well. We really only watch other channels when there's nothing on the first two. She LOVES the upside down show, which my husband despises. We really only watch just about an hour or two a day, so this is probably pretty scetchy sounding. I think MY favorite is The Backyardigans. They inspire her to be creative.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 6:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I dont really limit what my son watches, call me a bad parent, but he is so smart and his vocabulary is amazing. BUT I absolutely hate that stupid whiney show Chowder, on Cartoon Network. Its gross and annoying.
    SamanthaSnyder

Answer by SamanthaSnyder at 7:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• OP here--I don't really limit my daughter on what she watches, mine have always watched what they wanted as long as it is in the rating that I approved for them (of course at her age, G or PG lol!) and they are all at the head of their classes, but I just can not stand to have certain shows on. The ones where the character's don't even talk or talk like babies, those ones I can't stand lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009