I need to figure something out about money!?

I got laid off of the job I was working simply because they had too many people and older employees were coming back. My SO's job hours were cut due to weather. I've been not been able to find a job for anything. Its horrible. We're living off of $800 every two weeks. I got a job because I knew the weather would cut us short. I have no idea what to do. I'm going to the SRS office to apply for assistance since that's the only option I can find. The only promising job is waitressing and I couldn't stand it. I'd get so stressed my hands and legs would shake. I don't handle it well at all. Any suggestions? BTW, I'm not interested in that work at home stuff. No thanks to that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hotel-cleaning rooms

Answer by louise2 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• go to a temp agency they have jobs that range from manual to adminstrative and everything in between. Also RGIS tends to hire alot look in the general help wanted they are the inventory company.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 5:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Start your own business!  I have lots of excellent ideas at www.stuffformoms.info.  No money involved.. Just use your own creativity.  I also have links to my own personal business websites on there... use those as an example!

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I commend a four part series of articles on the financial blog, Wisebread, by Phillip Brewer "Getting by Without a Job". He covers alot of stuff we might not normally think of. Hope this helps you.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 7:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2009