What should I do for a job?

I got laid off of the job I was working simply because they had too many people and older employees were coming back. My SO's job hours were cut due to weather. I've been not been able to find a job for anything. Its horrible. We're living off of $800 every two weeks. I got a job because I knew the weather would cut us short. I have no idea what to do. I'm going to the SRS office to apply for assistance since that's the only option I can find. The only promising job is waitressing and I couldn't stand it. I'd get so stressed my hands and legs would shake. I don't handle it well at all. Any suggestions? BTW, I'm not interested in that work at home stuff. No thanks to that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Receptionist or Secretary?
    Anonymous

• What is your level of education, and whereabout's in the country are you? I live in AZ and this time of year a lot of hotels are hiring for housekeeping, desk clerks, etc and they usually run 3 shifts, which helps with juggling daycare. Also, a lot of larger chains of grocery stores or supermarkets like WalMart or kMart usually have varied shifts and pay pretty good. There's always fast food, or convenience stores.... I wish you well! BTW ~ check out local food banks and churches for some help with groceries; with a family, the cost of food really takes a bite out of your budget. And call your local utility companies for a list of agencies that help with your heat bills. Even if you get a job right away, it'll prob'ly be awhile before you get paid, so take advantage of everything you qualify for now and put it in place so you don't wind up taking a job you HATE just because you need the $$.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I am currently going to school so finding a full time job would be stressful. I just can't find/keep a job. Its sad.
    Anonymous