Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


does any one know how i would go about geting low income apts or govt assisted housing

Answer Question

Asked by LisaAnnPonce at 5:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • go to the housing place. Your gonna have to look it up to find out where it is in your area. I know my hubby and i did it and they said there is a 6 month to year waiting list... it SUCKS

    Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • uhmmmm apply through your county offices I think or your town or state. Try googling them and see what comes up. Good for you for setting plans in motion for housing!

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • Don't you know not to post stuff like that on here!!! Your gonna get bashed big time for requesting help!!! Seriously your local DSHS office the housing office is usually in the same building.

    Answer by britni11 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • i dont care what any one has to say about me if its not helping me then theres not point of careing ok britni11

    Answer by LisaAnnPonce at 5:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • Yup go right down to the housing complex, and find their office. The wait list is typically at least a year (at least in my state). Or you can contact a worker at Social Services and ask them where you can find assistance.

    Answer by epoh at 5:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • Whatever you do, don't give up!! You might try going at this in reverse and looking for some housing that you already know is low-income or open to those on financial aid, then asking the property manager who their liaison is. Sometimes if you go after what you want from the other end, instead of just accepting "there's a one-year waiting list", you can get results faster. Check with local churches as well; if they don't personally offer housing assistance (and a lot of your larger ones do!), they will probably also know the name/number of someone who can help you get faster results.

    Answer by jburg2541 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • You can go to your local job and family services and if need be they can set you up with emeregncy housing

    Answer by aubrees_mommie at 7:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.