Why do Jehovas (sp) go door to door??

If I wanted to be a Jehova I would be one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've had very pleasant experiences with door-to-door religion spokespeople. For a while I had taped a handmade sign to my door, Baby Sleeping, Please Do Not Ring Doorbell, and they would just leave their literature without even knocking. But when I do talk to any of them (any religion, we've had them all come knocking lol) I politely listen to them, and inform them I attend a church all ready & am comfortable with my religious life. I think it helps that two toddlers are clamoring all over me lol, they don't press the issue ;-) But I don't dislike them, I even ask if they're thirsty and read the pamphlets they leave when I find time
    mamma84

Answer by mamma84 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• To try to get nonbelievers of their religion to convert.
    Anonymous

• Mormons do the same thing....
    Anonymous

• To advertise religion? lol

Anonymous

• It wouldn't bother me so much if they were tolerable of other people's faiths.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Matthew 24:14
    Anonymous

• If you do not know about Jehovah Witnesses, then how would you know if you wanted to be one? And so in order to help you see if you want to be one they come to try to teach you and answer any questions you might have

Also in the bible it says: Matthew 28:19–20

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

and in Mark 16:14 it says that Jesus commanded his disciples to do missionary work: " And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• mostly because in order for them to be baptize they have certain things they must do. I know they have to go door to door to spread the word, and i know there are certain studies they much memorize, other than that, that's all I know, i may be a little off on it, my grandma was a JW and explained it kinda weird. But from what I heard that's part of it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Because they feel it was ordered by Jesus. The first christians did the same thing. They are not advertising! They are simple "spreading the word." They do their best to live their lives as closely to the examples in the bible. Because the original christians went not only from house to house but from city to city they are doing their best to follow the example to the T.

Read these...
    2Ti 4:2, 5; 1Co 9:16
    1Pe 2:21

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• they go to teach you about the bible, it is not to convert you to their religion (though they would like that too) Jehovah's Witnesses personaly feel compelled to go and share the bible with everyone, they belive their religion is the ONE TRUE RELIGION, (like most others do as well), and they want to share truth and salvation with you
    Anonymous