Sister Turning 40

at the end of January and I would like to get or do something nice, but dont know what. I thought about a spa package but along with being a little pricey she will only have the memory of it and nothing tangible. So could you ladies help me think of something... Thanks in advance!!

fbic72

Asked by fbic72 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Picture of when you two were young

Answer by louise2 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• A memory book of great things you appreciate her for and having others write in it too!
    Anonymous

• What about a memory/scrapbook???
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 5:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'd shoot for a day at the mall -- get your hair done, buy a new outfit, or a neat necklace and laugh the day away! Memories had and every time she sees that outfit, etc., she'll remember the fun she had with her sister. Time spent one-on-one is the gift!!!
    Squirrel1001

Answer by Squirrel1001 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yeah, but, you know what, that spa deal will never be forgotten even if you can't see it physically. When I first read about doing something nice, that was my first thought and still is. Just thought I would stick my $.02 in,How many women would absolutley love that?...(raising my hand real high)
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• do something special together, yes she will not have a material gift to hold on to but she will have some wonderful memories. I would also write her a card with kind words.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 6:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• See if they offer a 2 for 1 spa or just the 30 min massage and go with her. It makes the memory. Even if you just go for a manicure and pedicure you'd be together. I did that with several women from my high school the day of our reunion and it was a blast and didn't cost a fortune.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It's my birthday at the end of January, too! Can I hang out with you and your sister so we can all celebrate together? LOL

I think a memory book is a wonderful idea or a day for both of you at the spa so she isn't alone there.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• If she's married she may already have plans for the day, so I'd go with the memory book thing. I'm sure there's lots of things you remember that she's forgotten and vice versa. I love strolling down memory lane with my family :) The spa she could use anytime she wanted, so it might not interfere with any of her plans that day (and hopefully you could go with her). A beutiful necklace sounds good... heck everything sounds good today but the memory/picture book would be my favorite thing for someone to get me on any birthday.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Maybe find if they are having a Glamor Shots that day, go and get made up and take lots of nice pictures. If you ask, they will take some pictures of the two of you together, too. Then go out to a nice dinner, and you will both have the pictures for memories. My sister and I did this, though it wasn't either one of our birthdays. It was loads of fun. For her special day, it would be unique and combine both memories AND something tangible
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2009