i rubbed on the umbilical stump, should i be concerned

my baby is 17 days old and while washin her i accidently rubbd against her umbilical stump and it is now half off.should i be concerned

mamakendi

Asked by mamakendi at 2:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Health

• No...it is probably already starting to come off. Just try to leave it alone and at the babies next checkup have it looked at. My son had alot of problems with his not drying up and the doctors kept telling me it was no big deal when I bugged them all the time..lol I think it was at his 1 month checkup they put this liquid silver stuff on it and it dried up within a few days. Good Luck!! If anything changes you should call your doctors office Thats what their there for :)
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Is it Bleeding?
    Is there Discharge - puss?
    If none of the above, your fine. Its due to fall off anyway on its own. If your concerned, you can always call the babys doctor. :)
    ProudOhioMom

Answer by ProudOhioMom at 2:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• nah. unless you really scrubbed it, it was probably loose anyway.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2008