He wont eat

My son had a stomach virus the last few day's,he over it now but refuses to eat,he will only drink Milk,i know he is hungry as he is cranky and asken for food,but he wont eat it,am good crazy here,will he ever eat,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• since he had a stomach virus, which was probably painful for him, he is afraid of eating. if he drinks milk, then thats great. add some honey to it.

no matter what he asks for to eat, even if its cookies, give them to him. it will take him a few days. but dont worry, he will eat. and if its getting to "strange", then go back to the doctor with him
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• hmm try crackers...or maybe if your conserned put yogurt in his milk atleast he'll be getting some nutrients...offer cereal to it works for my kids
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• you should try giving him pediasure it is very healthy.... my son loves it
    vmoran06

Answer by vmoran06 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Start with something soft...soup, pudding, bread...ask him what he wants and go with that for now. Get him back on track later.

I agree with m.robertson...he's probably afraid to eat.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Sick or not my toddler never eats the way I want him too, the pediatrician just told me that kids won't starve themselves. I have no advice but you are not alone.
    amber1216

Answer by amber1216 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• We're experiencing the same thing here in our house. I'm just letting him drink as much as he wants and letting him eat whatever he wants. Not to worry. They'll come around eventually. Hang in there mama!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 7:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2009