OMG my mom and sisters are making me feel guilty :(

they dont ever let me drink a soda without yelling at me that its bad for the baby, but i cant help it im craving for it,i dont think a pop would do anything bad to the baby, has anyone been trough this?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 5:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I cup of day is OK
    Anonymous

• drink a cup a day or caffeine free but it wont harm the baby. now if you drink 5-6 cups a day then thats a different story....... but one should be fine
    vmoran06

Answer by vmoran06 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Can't be worse than drinking a beer!
    Anonymous

• With caffiene it is the same as smoking. If you smoke when you get pregnant it is going to cause just as much harm as good to quit cold turkey. The baby already has the nicotine or caffiene in their system. Try cutting back a little at a time. Eventually, you will be able to get to where you don't drink any at all. Maybe cut back on the soda, then jump down to tea, then go caffiene free so you still get the flavor without the caffiene. Don't feel guilty. You can do it.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 5:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• OMG yes my mom always does it to me I hate it!! cuz its not like i drink it everyday or every other day I only have 3 time this pregnancy
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i never really liked soda till i was pregnant. my doctor said one cup a day is fine, but also try sprite or ginger ale they seem to do the trick for me i figure i dont drink coffee so that should count for something.
    brooklyn10

Answer by brooklyn10 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It comes with the territory of being pregnant unfortunately. When I was pregnant, everyone felt the need to comment on what I should or should not be eating/drinking, and I had a healthy, normal diet!
    My nurse at the OB office said I could have one cup of coffee AND a 12 oz. can of soda and the baby would be fine. I don't drink hardly any soda, but I HAD to have my daily cup of coffee. SO I DID, lol :)

I went to lunch with some coworkers while I was pregnant and I had ordered sushi. I didn't get anything raw, only cooked shrimp or crab. Well, when I went to the bathroom, because of course I had to go, one of my coworkers was saying "She can't eat that, she's pregnant! I can't believe she's ordering that!". She asked me about it when I came back and told her everything was fine since it was all cooked. I felt like saying "Mind your own business" but I didn't want to be mean ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• everyone will have their own opinion but my ob said 1 can of soda a day OR 8 oz of coffee or tea. i followed that advice, (sometimes had 2 sodas) with BOTH of my kids and they are just fine! talk to your dr and drag mom along if she won't get off your back. this is YOUR baby, sometimes moms just need to be reminded that some things are WAY different from when they had kids!
    abpfeffer2002

Answer by abpfeffer2002 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I hardly drink iy but If i do I get sprite or sierra mist. How I miss dr pepper.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• lol, okay im a pepsiaholic :) I tried to quit when i was pregnant with my son but i got horrible headaches. my dr. told me a cup a day was fine. i drank a cup a day every day of my pregnancy. i gave birth to a perfectly healty 7lb 6oz perfectly normal child..
    Anonymous