HELP!!!

Does anyone have any ideas of a theme for a nusery that is nuetral???

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• We srota did a baby animal theme. The colors are orange and yellow. When I was pregnant tho, there was a "noah's Park" theme at (I think) wal-mart. I haven't seen it at the store in years tho. We had no idea whether we were having a boy or girl. Ended up girl and she still loves it at 5 years old. We have put in jungle flowers and such to make it a little more "grown-up" for her.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 5:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Noah's ark. Colorful and fun.

Answer by Bmat at 5:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• We did a Teddy Bear theme from Babies R Us. It's called "Hug Me" and it has light green and tan colors. We wanted to use a color scheme that will not only work with our first baby, which we didn't find out the gender for, but also for our future children. I WAS NOT going to do a gender specific room and then redecorate in the future.

You can find a lot of gender neutral stuff on Babies R Us. Or you could buy solid color sheets, blankets, etc. and just get a wall border, window curtain, or lampshade in the pattern you like. That might save some money.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• We did moon & star stuff for our first baby & frogs for the 2nd - they're both boys but now looking for a new theme for our 3rd, I have 6 1/2 months to finish the nursery!
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 6:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I love the Noah's Ark theme mentioned above!
    Winnie The Pooh is always fun - the original version is best.
    There are a lot of "deco" themes showing up now with circles, dots, and squares. I don't particularly like them, but many modern decorated households do.
    I wouldn't be afraid of light blues because they can be used for girls, too, with some pinks and purples added once a girl is born.
    Do some searches on some online stores to see what is out there and get some ideas.
    Also, you might find something unique at a thrift store or consignment shop - I found a Beatrice Potter crib set for my granddaughter that looks lovely!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• There are some adorable neutral nurseries on ratemyspace.com. Check it out- I'm sure you'll find lots of inspiration there!
    WvPhotobug

Answer by WvPhotobug at 11:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Winnie the Pooh, Mickey/Disney are fun. My daughter has a yellow and blue set with butterflies and turtles, a little girly but would be OK for a boy. What about ABC old MacDonald/farmhouse - red gingham, denim, etc. Or international, flags, landmarks, maps, etc.
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• White paint, animal friends, polka dots playard, sun, moon and stars stickers.
    BloomingJen

Answer by BloomingJen at 7:30 AM on Jan. 7, 2009