trying to conceive

so we are trying for anohter child for a while but mt husband his diabeties. could that be the problem?? and if so any ideas to help thank you

gabrielsmommy05

Asked by gabrielsmommy05 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Diabetes does cause infertility, eventually, if he doesn't take care of himself. If you really are concerned about that, talk to the doctor. Have him checked out. Just being diabetic, in itself, shouldn't be a factor. My best friend growing up is, and he has 2 children. So. Good luck.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 5:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I know plenty of diabetic men who have fathered children. I know uncontrolled diabetes can cause erectile dysfunction, but as long as he is not having that problem, I would think his sperm would be ok. It may be something to mention to the doctor. How long have you been trying?
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009